Type of establishment : University/higher education institution
Level: First cycle
If you are interested in exploring practical careers in directing, designing, teaching, designing, creative production and administration, or performing in a range of experimental theater forms, then this course is for you. The course offers flexibility and breadth, combining creative experiences in performance making with highly relevant theoretical studies that will bring you into contact with contemporary performances nationally and globally. Previous graduates have had a dynamic impact on the development of the Australian creative industries sector, and our most recent graduates are at the heart of the exciting growth of the independent theater sector in Australia.
- 288 credit points including 2 base units
- a major in drama (14 credits)
- a situated creative practice extension (up to 3 units)
- plus 1 minor (4 credits) or 4 electives.
Standard entry requirements
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: English, or literature, or English and literature, or English as an additional language (units 3 and 4, C).
This course can be followed by a higher education training course, which enables students to become qualified teachers. Pathways to the Master in Philosophy are also available. Students may be able to claim advanced standing for part of their course, based on completed or partially completed studies, and other assessable learning outcomes.