The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is seeking two exhibit designers to join the museum’s award-winning design department. Successful candidates for these two exciting and creative museum positions will be key team members providing design-based solutions for world-class exhibit projects and spatial display enhancements at various scales. These exhibition projects will primarily focus on art-based interpretive and experiential outcomes. Experience in all phases of the exhibit design process is preferred with a focus on architectural results.
- Design special exhibitions and gallery installations in all phases of a project and under tight deadlines.
- On assigned projects, act as the 3D design representative within the project team
- Work closely with and integrate contributions from curatorial, graphic design, interpretation, curatorial and media
- Create detailed drawings including schematics, layouts, finished designs and construction drawings in 2D and 3D formats
- Provide regular updates to Project Manager and Design Director on project progress, including resource requests
- 2 years of experience as an exhibit designer, preferably in a museum, or as a designer in a related field.
- Proven abilities to develop creative, innovative and aesthetically sophisticated solutions to complex design problems.
- Must be process-oriented, demonstrate strong visual design skills, pay close attention to detail, appreciate art in all its forms, and have a strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Must be a creative, energetic and innovative designer with excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in CAD-based design solutions, preferably with Vectorworks and mixed physical-digital environmental design.
- Experience in exhibition, architecture, theatrical design or industrial design.
- Must be able to be part of a highly collaborative team, meet tight deadlines and work constructively with a wide range of stakeholders
Full time salary, 35 hours per week
Starting salary: $55,000 – $70,000, depending on experience
The MFA is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse and we want to foster that diversity in our workplace. To this end, the MFA does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability or handicap, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
View your application history
Back to task list…