The thirteenth annual artist exhibition and sale by invitation will take place on Friday, November 8 from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, November 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The exhibit will be held at the First United Methodist Church, 206 S. Market Street, Muncy.
- The Friday evening opening includes light refreshments. Admission is $ 10 per person. The artists will be available on Friday and Saturday to meet and welcome the participants in the show.
- The Society’s art exhibition committee wants to ensure that guests experience a well-rounded event that includes a wide range of artistic expressions, diversity and artistic excellence remain paramount in the selection process. The exhibit will feature some of Pennsylvania’s most talented artists whose works are exhibited and collected nationwide; many share a close relationship with Lycoming County and its surrounding areas.
It includes a wide range of arts and crafts including photography, oil painting, jewelry, fashion, pottery, metal and woodworking, quilting, mosaics, watercolors , sculpture, stained glass and interior decoration. The exhibition will be a rich and varied collection of original works as well as signed and numbered limited edition reproductions. Two of the Society’s recently published books will also be available âDeeds of the Valleyâ by Paul C. Metzger and âDragon Views and Other Observationsâ by Bruce Storm, both of which can be personalized.
- This year’s artists include Lynette Ambruch, Joan Carroll, Judith Cole Costello, Lisa Fink, Dorothy Fisher, Robert Hughes, Jeff Keiffer, Selinda Kennedy, Lynn Kibbe, Abby Machamer, Deb Parsons, Kris Robbins, Mark Robbins, David Seybold, Roger Shipley, Theresa Spitler, Kathy Sterngold, Bruce Storm, Nella Godbey Storm and Wynn Yarrow.
- âA panel of independent jurors assesses the new candidates and selects from our stable of talented craftsmen previously jurors to choose those who will be invited to participate in the show for the current year. Although each exhibition is different, a small number of our artists are at the heart of the exhibition. We make sure to offer a mix of traditional and contemporary styles and techniques, from oil paintings to acrylic to mixed media. We are very fortunate to be able to present to our community such incredibly gifted artists and to be able to vary the show every year with different artistic expressions, âsays Linda Poulton, Show Coordinator.
- Participants will have the opportunity to participate in a silent auction on Friday and until 1 p.m. on Saturday. Participants can also register for a free draw of a $ 250 gift certificate towards a purchase at the Salon des artistes 2020.
- Proceeds from this year’s show will benefit the Muncy Historical Society’s educational initiatives and outreach activities, including the 6th âPops at Pepper Streetâ concert and the development of Fort Brady Heritage Park located at the north end of Muncy.
- Financial support for the arts was provided by Gary’s Furniture, 3 Factory Street, Picture Rocks; state funding through a grant from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, an agency funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the National Endowment for the Arts; the Lycoming County Visitors Bureau and friends of the Muncy Historical Society.