MARIETTA — A Marietta student is among six artists participating in Marietta College’s annual Senior Capstone Art Department Exhibit at the Atrium Gallery from April 1 through May 7.
The exhibition features the work of senior artists and designers.
Cal Rutter, Class of 2022, Studio Art and Psychology student Marietta, created oil paintings depicting trees as symbols of psychological diagnoses.
The other students who will be exhibiting are:
* Noah Coleman, Class of 2022, Dayton, Graphic Design, created a car-themed brewery while referencing his love of cars by creating unique packaging.
* Ashton Helmke, Class of 2022, Defiance, Graphic Design, digitally illustrated a series of posters featuring iconic fictional female characters.
* Clay Mastin, class of 2022. Springfield, Graphic Design, has designed streetwear fashion that uses original patterns.
* Brett McGettigan, Class of 2022, Ventnor, NJ, Graphic Design, redesigned iconic movie posters to debunk COVID-19 vaccination myths, titled Only in the Movies.
* Mollie Swygart, Class of 2021, Lewistown, Ohio, Studio Art and English, created a series of collages referencing TS Elliot’s poem, “J. Alfred Prufrock’s Love Song.”
A reception will be held on April 1 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
The Atrium Gallery is on the third floor of the Hermann Center for Fine Arts. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the gallery observes all Marietta College holidays and breaks.