Employment status: Full time, salary
Date display: 09/29/22
Reports to: Academic Dean
The Program Director is a management and administrative position that reports to the Dean of Studies. The Program Director provides administrative leadership for the program, working closely with the Faculty Director, who provides academic leadership through a faculty governance system. The role of program director is characterized by administrative experience; a commitment to creating and fostering equity, inclusion and belonging; entrepreneurship, management and team building skills; attention to detail; demonstrated experience in budget management; excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills; and ability to collaborate. This is not a faculty appointment and does not include teaching duties.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the strategic direction, organization and operations of the program
- Plan events and design residency schedules, in close collaboration with the faculty director(s)
- Oversee admissions and registration processes
- Oversee student retention and progression in the program
- Collaborate with faculty and faculty directors in faculty hiring, retention, and firing processes
- Supervise program staff and the program office
- Design and manage the program budget
This description is not intended to be exhaustive; as required, the employee will also perform other reasonably related job duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other members of management.
Please see full job description Film post here.
To apply for this job, login/register on this website and click on the “POST FOR A JOB” button on this job posting.
Please send the documents (see list below), with “Program Director, MFA in Film” in the subject line. For a full review, submit an application by 11/01/22.
For a full review, please submit the following 3 documents when applying. All positions will remain open until filled.
1. Cover letter
3. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement, describing your professional skills, accomplishments, experience and willingness to engage in activities to improve diversity, equity and inclusion.