In the period from February 15 to April 15, 2022, 6 p.m. (CEST), you can apply for a scholarship in 2023 at Schloss Wiepersdorf. Please read the following guidelines carefully. At the end you will find the link to the application form.
The Schloss Wiepersdorf Cultural Foundation awards residence grants to artists and writers at Schloss Wiepersdorf (Land of Brandenburg, Fläming) in accordance with the following guidelines and depending on the means available in accordance with the regulations of the State Budget Ordinance (LHO ) and the By-Laws (VV) relating to Articles 23 and 44. Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Foundation and no one can claim a legal right to a residency scholarship.
Artists and writers from Germany and abroad working in the following fields can apply:
• Literature (including poetry, prose, drama, essay, screenplay, criticism, translation)
• Science/Romanticism (academic writing and research/humanities and social sciences with themes on the era and sentiments of Romanticism)
• Science/Topics focusing on formerly divided Germany (academic writing and research/Questions relating to the history of East and West Germany during the period of
• Fine arts (including painting, graphic arts, sculpture, media arts and photography)
• Composition (including sound design, sound installation, sound performance, orchestral direction)
Applicants must have an artistic or academic background, be in a doctorate, or have distinguished themselves through publications or long-standing professional artistic or academic work, and may provide samples of their work to prove this.
Fluency in German or English is required of all applicants. Basic German skills would be helpful for a successful residency.
The quality of the candidate’s previous artistic or academic work and the proposed project is decisive for the award of a scholarship.
Are not eligible for a scholarship:
• students — with the exception of doctoral, post-doctoral and master-class students (MeisterschülerInns) students
• persons who have already received a Schloss Wiepersdorf scholarship in the last two years preceding the year of application
• the members of the jury
Type and scope of scholarship
The number of scholarships awarded depends on the funds available in the budget of the federal state of Brandenburg.
The residency grant lasts for three months and is granted for the periods of March to May, June to August and September to November.
In addition to accommodation and meals at Schloss Wiepersdorf, all scholarship recipients also receive a monthly cash allowance of €1200 and a one-time grant of €480 to cover material expenses. (If the stay is shortened, the subsidy for material costs is reduced by €160 per month.)
Visa costs will be covered for scholarship recipients from countries requiring a visa for Germany.
The scholarships will be awarded in consultation with an independent jury of experts.
Artists and writers can apply for an individual fellowship or a collaborative fellowship.
Artists and writers who wish to undertake the Fellowship themselves can apply for a individual scholarship.
The candidates to collaboration scholarships should each nominate one or two people with whom they will work together on their artistic productions at Schloss Wiepersdorf.
A collaborative scholarship consists of two rooms, one for the scholarship holder and an additional room for the other participant(s) in the project, either one guest for the whole period, or two guests who will participate consecutively, each for part of the three months. residence.
Other participants can come from any artistic field, including arts and crafts. The same conditions apply for them as for scholarship holders.
Domestic partners or spouses can only be nominated if they are directly involved in the artistic production of the respective Fellow.
For more information, visitSchloss Wiepersdorf Cultural Foundation